We have several fascinating and one-of-a-kind tours coming up through the end of March! We start each tour at 5pm SLT at Virtual Pioneer Headquarters (bit.ly/vpioneers
), so mark your calendars, get excited, and even scour your inventory for fun clothes if you would like for the following events in the next several weeks!
- February 12th - Early 1900s Nodaway County, Missouri. Photographs, diaries, and local newspaper accounts tell the story of one family and a small Missouri town from the 1890s through the 1950s. Second Life allows us to share those stories in three dimensions and remember a time and place long past. Bringing old photographs and new technology together means that the 1920 American Legion Follies can play an encore performance, handwritten recipes become art, and we see how a small-town professional photographer used big-time advertising to bring in customers. The Nodaway sim in Second Life celebrates the people, places, and connections of one family and community.
- February 19th - No meeting
- February 26th - Peruamparo Delvalle will lead a tour of Machu Picchu, a real-life reproduction of the ancient ruins of the Inca Citadel of Machu Picchu, a rigorous simulation of a 60% real Citadel, built as part of the University San martin de Porres of Perú. We will learn about the history, origin and use of one of the world's archaeological wonders.
- March 4th - Greet and Meet: Come talk with the Virtual Pioneers whether you be a frequent attendee, a new member or just curious!
- March 11th - St Patrick's Day Tour! Experience the beauty and wonder of Ireland in 1712! Located in the Ocean Realms sims, DUBLIN and IRELAND offer urban and country locales including the historic Brazen Head pub, the Abbey Ruins, Dunseverick Castle, the Standing Stones, and a Gypsy Camp, Join Virtual Pioneer Twelfth Night as she meets owner Marguerite Avril, Estate Manager Betty Radmussen, and Irish builder Inish Karu, leading us on a fun filled tour. Period dress of the 1700's is encouraged, but also come as you are.
- March 18th - Greet and Meet: Another opportunity to chat with the Virtual Pioneers whether you be a frequent attendee, a new member or just curious!